Selected Case Studies
Following is a sample of the types of projects undertaken by us.
Case study 1
Client: University Technology Transfer Division
Task: Analyze markets and advise on product development and entry strategy for a novel spectrophotometric device for use in the molecular diagnostics space.
Timeframe: 10 weeks
- Analysis and forecasting of the market for molecular diagnostics instruments and reagents. Data gathered from secondary sources and through primary research conducted with Marketing personnel in major diagnostic companies.
- Interviewed key opinion leaders (KOLs) in Europe and the USA within the following categories: biotech and pharma R&D; heads of R&D teams involved in assay development; clinical laboratory professionals involved in assessment and purchase of new technology for molecular diagnostics; University and NIH Molecular Biology department heads having novel assay and biomarker development expertise.
- Generated Voice of Customer (VOC) analysis. Assessment of current technology utilization. Strengths and shortcomings of current technologies. Identification of major unmet needs in instrumentation and assay. Impact of emerging technologies on product penetration and potential for product uptake.
- Developed Go/No Go recommendations for client.
- Advised on prioritization of target markets and relevant niche opportunities.
Case study 2
Client: Major Pharmaceutical company
Task: Determine the reimbursement level likely to be assigned by US managed care payers to the company's new biologic psoriasis treatment.
Timeframe: 8 weeks
- Gathered and analyzed secondary data regarding the tier placement of both competing psoriasis drugs and biologics.
- Assessed utilization review processes of major payer organizations via in-depth interviews with Medical and Pharmacy Directors in the organizations. Determined most likely review processes to be encountered when submitting the biologic for payer reimbursement.
- Showed the profile of the new drug to the Medical and Pharmacy Directors; explored likely tier placement, reasons for such placement, and how a more favorable placement might be attained. Probed for changes likely to occur over the next 2-3 years in the review process and/or tier structures and placements for similar drugs.
- Recommended a strategy for obtaining the most favorable reimbursement position for the client company's new psoriasis drug. Recommended the best ways to work with each of the major payer organizations.